Games: 7v7 Coed and 6v6 for Men’s and Women’s, including the goalie.
- Time: 25 minute halves.
- Forfeit: Game is forfeited if a teams does not have at least 5 players for 7v7, or 4 players for 6v6, at the start of the game.
a) If you must forfeit, you must email us to let us know ahead of time.
b) Teams that forfeit more than one game in a season may be dropped from the league immediately, before the season ends.
- Rain-outs: If games are cancelled due to weather conditions, SFF Soccer will reschedule 1 game per season.
- Shoes: Turf shoes, soccer cleats and sneakers are all allowed. No long studded cleats.
- Shin guards: All players must have shin guards at all times.
- Uniforms: Teams must have exactly matching shirts for every game. Names and numbers are not required.
- Substitutions: Substitutions on the fly, at half field. No need to ask referee, except for goalie substitutes.
- Offside: No offside.
- Throw-Ins: No throw-ins. Kicks-ins only. Kick-ins are indirect. Five feet by defenders is automatically given.
- Penalty Kicks: Usual rules on PK’s.
- Slide-tackling: No slide-tackling.
- Free Kicks: All free kicks shall be direct and no closer than the edge of the goal box.
- Fence: The fence on the goal line is out. Kicking the ball over the fence is a two minute penalty.
- Tie Breakers: None, ties will stand in the regular season.
- Blue Card: 2 minute penalty — play one man down, or until the other team scores.
- Yellow Card: 5 minute penalty — play one man down, even if the other team scores.
- Red Card: Two game suspension minimum. Two red cards in one season: minimum one year ban from the league. Red card for fighting: minimum one year ban from the league.
- Referees: The decision of the referee is final. Mistakes are obviously unintentional, and are part of the game.
- Unsportsmanship: League has zero tolerance for unsportsman-like behavior.
- Minimum number of games: Players must play at least 1/3 of regular season games to play in the play-offs.
- ID cards:
- Standings at the end of season: If points are the same then goal difference comes into effect. If goal difference is the same then it’s head to head result.
Players and teams are accepted first come, first serve. We have a limited number of spots per league.
Games will rarely be cancelled for weather – always assume your game is on, unless you hear otherwise. Rain games are fun. If field is unplayable due to heavy rain we will reschedule one game per season.
League registrations are fully refundable, less a $25 administrative fee, up to one week prior to the start of the league. After that, refunds cannot be given. Deposits made to hold a spot in a league will only be refunded if no spot becomes available.